Assistant Professor in Department of Computer Engineering
Islamic Azad University, Tehran, Iran
Alireza Souri received his Ph.D. degree in Computer Engineering from Science and Research Branch, Islamic Azad University, Iran. He currently is an assistant professor at Islamic Azad University and IEEE member. Also, he was recognized by Iran’s National Elites Foundation and awarded as national young elite in 2018, 2019 and 2020. Up to now, he has authored/co-authored more than 60 scientific articles in established journals such as Expert systems with applications (Elsevier), journal of systems and software (Elsevier), IEEE Access. Also, he is Associate Editor of Human-Centric Computing and Information Sciences (Springer), Cluster Computing (Springer) and IET Communications (IEEE) journals. He is a reviewer of more than 50 reputed Journals including SCI-Indexed Journals of IEEE, ACM, Elsevier, Springer, and Wiley, such as IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials, IEEE Internet of Things, IEEE Access, ACM computing Survey, Future Generation Computer Systems. Finally, his research interests include Formal Verification, Model checking, Fog & Cloud computing, Internet of Things, Data mining and Wireless networks.
1. Wiley - Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies (ETT) - Special Issue on Privacy-aware Resource Management Solutions in Internet of Things, (JCR IF 2018: 1.258), Submission due: 01 September 2020.
2. Taylor & Francis- Enterprise Information Systems journal (EIS) - Special Issue on Intelligent Techniques for IoT Resource Management in Enterprise Systems, (JCR IF 2018: 2.1), Submission due: 01 January 2021.
A: JOURNAL Papers
1. Shahab Ghalamdoost Pirbazari, Alireza Souri, Reza Faghih Mirzaee, Sam Jabbehdari
"Multi Valued Parity Generator based on Sudoku Tables: Properties and Detection Probability", , IET Communications, [IF: 1.7]
2. Alireza Souri, Marwan Yassin Ghafour, Aram Mahmood Ahmed, Fatemeh Safara, Ali Yamini and Mahdi Hoseyninezhad
“A New Machine Learning-based Healthcare Monitoring Model for Student’s Condition Diagnosis in Internet of Things Environment”, (2020), Soft Computing, (IF: 2.7).
3. Mehdi Hosseinzadeh, Jalil Koohpayehzadeh, Marwan Yassin Ghafour, Aram Mahmood Ahmed, Parvaneh Asghari, Alireza Souri, Hamid Pourasghari and Aziz Rezapour
“An Elderly Health Monitoring System Based on Biological and Behavioral Indicators in Internet of Things”, (2020), Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing, (IF: 1.9).
4. Mehdi Hosseinzadeh, Jalil Koohpayehzadeh, Ahmed Omar Bali, Parvaneh Asghari, Alireza Souri, Ali Mazaherinezhad , Mahdi Bohlouli and Reza Rawassizadeh
“A Diagnostic Prediction Model for Chronic Kidney Disease in Internet of Things Platform”, (2020), Multimedia Tools And Applications, (IF: 2.1).
5. F Safara, AS Mohammed, MY Potrus, S Ali, QT Tho, A Souri, F Janenia and Mehdi Hosseinzadeh
“An Author Gender Detection Method using Whale Optimization Algorithm and Artificial Neural Network”, (2020), IEEE Access, (IF: 4).
6. F Safara, A Souri, SF Deiman
“Super peer selection strategy in peer‐to‐peer networks based on learning automata”, (2020), International Journal of Communication Systems -Wiley, (IF: 1.2).
7. Mehdi Hosseinzadeh, Quan Thanh Tho, Saqib Ali, Amir Masoud Rahmani, Alireza Souri, Monire Norouzi and Bao Huynh
“A hybrid service selection and composition model for cloud-edge computing in the Internet of Things”, (2020), IEEE Access, (IF: 4).
8. F Safara, A Souri, M Serrizadeh
“Improved intrusion detection method for communication networks using association rule mining and artificial neural networks”, (2020), IET Communications, (IF: 1.7).
9. F Safara, A Souri, T Baker, I Al Ridhawi, M Aloqaily
“PriNergy: a priority-based energy-efficient routing method for IoT systems”, (2020), The Journal of Super Computing-Springer, (IF: 2.1).
10. A Souri, AS Mohammed, MY Potrus, MH Malik, F Safara, M Hosseinzadeh
“Formal verification of a hybrid machine learning-based fault prediction model in Internet of Things applications”, (2020), IEEE Access, (IF: 4).
11. Alireza Souri, Monire Norouzi, Parvaneh Asghari and Amir Masoud Rahmani
“A Systematic Literature Review on Formal Verification of Software Defined Networks”, (2019), Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies-Wiley, (IF: 1.2).
12. Mostafa Ghobaei-Arani, Alireza Souri, Fatemeh Safara and Monire Norouzi
“An efficient task scheduling approach based on moth-flame optimization algorithm for cyber-physical system applications in fog computing”, (2019), Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies-Wiley, (IF: 1.2).
13. Alireza Souri, Amir Masoud Rahmani, Nima Jafari Navimipour and Reza Rezaee
“A Hybrid Formal Verification Approach for QoS-aware Multi-Cloud Service Composition”, (2019), Cluster Computing-Springer, (IF: 1.8).
14. Alireza Souri, Aseel Hussien, Mahdi Hoseyninezhad, Monire Norouzi
Norouzi “A systematic review of IoT communication strategies for an efficient smart environment”, (2019), Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies-Wiley, (IF: 1.2).
15. Mostafa Ghobaei-Arani, Alireza Souri, Thar Baker and Aseel Hussien
“ControCity: An Autonomous Approach for Controlling Elasticity Using Buffer Management in Cloud Computing Environment”, (2019), IEEE Access -IEEE, (IF: 4.3).
16. Alireza Souri, Monire Norouzi
“A state-of-the-art survey on formal verification of the internet of things applications”, (2019), Journal of Service Science Research, Springer.
17. Mostafa Ghobaei-Arani, Alireza Souri, Ali A Rahmanian
“Resource Management Approaches in Fog Computing: a Comprehensive Review”, (2019), Journal of Grid Computing-Springer, (IF: 3.2).
18. Nasim Donyagard, Mostafa Ghobaei-Arani and Alireza Souri
“Multi-objective Virtual Machine Placement Mechanisms using Nature-inspired Meta-Heuristic algorithms in Cloud Environments: A Review”, (2019), International Journal of Communication Systems -Wiley, (IF: 1.2).
19. Alireza Souri, Amir Masoud Rahmani, Nima Jafari Navimipour and Reza Rezaee
“Formal modeling and verification of a service composition approach in the social customer relationship management system”, (2019), Information Technology and People, Emerald, (IF: 1.3).
20. “Personality classification based on profiles of social networks’ users and the five-factor model of personality”, (2019), Human-centric Computing and Information Sciences –Springer, (IF: 3.2).
“GSMT: a graphical symbolic modeling toolkit for formal verification approaches”, (2019), Human-centric Computing and Information Sciences –Springer, (IF: 3.2).
21. Alireza Souri, Shafigheh Hosseinpour and Amir Masoud Rahmani
“Personality classification based on profiles of social networks’ users and the five-factor model of personality”, (2019), Human-centric Computing and Information Sciences –Springer, (IF: 3.2).
22. Mostafa Ghobaei-Arani and Alireza Souri
“LP-WSC: a linear programming approach for web service composition in geographically distributed cloud environments”, (2018), Journal of Supercomputing, Springer (IF: 2.1).
23. Alireza Souri, Amir Masoud Rahmani and Nima Jafari Navimipour
“Formal verification approaches in the web service composition: A comprehensive analysis of the current challenges”, (2018), International Journal of Communication Systems -Wiley, (IF: 1.2).
24. Mostafa Ghobaei-Arani, Ali.A Rahmanian, Alireza Souri, Amir Masoud Rahmani
“A moth-flame optimization algorithm for web service composition in cloud computing: Simulation and verification”, (2018), Software Practice & Experience. (2018), Page 1–28., (IF: 2).
25. Alireza Souri, Monire Norouzi, Amir Masoud Rahmani and Nima Jafari Navimipour
“User relationship management approach for human behavior interactions in the social networks: Behavioral modeling and formal verification”, (2018), Kybernetes-Emerald, (IF: 1.3).
26. Alireza Souri, Amir Masoud Rahmani and Nima Jafari Navimipour
“Formal verification approaches and standards in the cloud computing: a comprehensive and systematic review”, Computer Standards & Interfaces 58 (May 2018), Pages 1-22-Elsevier, (IF: 2.2).
27. Alireza Souri and Rahil Hosseini
“A State-of-the-Art Survey of Malware Detection Approaches using Data Mining”, Human-centric Computing and Information Sciences –Springer- Volume 8 issue 3 (2018) (IF: 3.2).
28. Alireza Souri, Parvaneh Asghari and Reza Rezaei
“Software as a Service (SaaS) Providers of CRM in the Cloud Computing: A Systematic Review”, Journal of Service Science Research-Springer (2017), Volume 9, issue 2.
29. Alireza Souri, Monire Norouzi and Parvaneh Asghari
“An analytical automated refinement approach for structural modeling large-scale codes using reverse engineering”, International Journal of Information Technology -Springer (2017), Volume 9, issue 4.
30. Bahman Keshanchi, Alireza Souri and Nima Jafari Navimipour
“An improved genetic algorithm for task scheduling in the cloud environments using the priority queues: Formal verification, simulation”, Journal of Systems and Software – Elsevier, Volume 124, February (2017), Pages 1–21 (IF: 2.42).
31. Monire Norouzi, Alireza Souri, Majid Samad Zamini
“A Data Mining Classification Approach for Behavioral Malware Detection”, Journal of Computer Networks and Communications, Volume 2016 (2016), Article ID 8069672, 1-9 pages,.
32. Alireza Souri
Behavioral Modeling and Verification for a Data Replication Approach in Distributed Systems”, Published in, International Journal of Next-Generation Computing, Vol. 7, No 1, pp.18-36, (2016) – (IF: 0.135).
33. Adalat Safarkhanlou, Alireza Souri, Monire Norouzi
“Formalizing and Verification of an Antivirus Protection Service using Model Checking”, Procedia Computer Science-Elsevier Volume 57, Pages 1324-1331, (2015).
34. Alireza Souri, Nima Jafari Navimipour
, “Behavioral modeling and formal verification of a resource discovery approach in Grid computing”, Expert Systems with Applications – Elsevier Publisher, Volume 41, Issue 8, 15 June 2014, Pages 3831–3849 (2014). (IF: 4.8)
35. Alireza Souri and Monire Norouzi
“Formalization and Verification of a Wireless Network Protocol by using Symbolic Model checking”, DAV International Journal of Science, 3(1), 82 - 88, (2014).
36. Alireza Souri, Amir Masoud Rahmani
“A Survey for Replica Placement Techniques in Data Grid Environment”, International Journal of Modern Education and Computer Science. 6(5):46-51, (2014)
37. Alireza Souri, Mohammad ali Sharifloo, Monire Norouzi.
“Modeling and Verifying Wireless Networks by using Tree Logic Techniques”. American Journal of Scientific Research. Issue 39, pp: 96-102. (2011)
38. Alireza Souri, Mohammad ali Sharifloo, Monire Norouzi.
“Research on effective factors on verification results in software systems”. International Journal of Computer Science Issues. Vol. 8, Issue 5, pp: 464- 468. (2011).
B: Book and Chapter Book
1. Alireza Mokhtari Golpayegani, Mani Zarei and Alireza Souri, Interchain: a scalable business-oriented framework for internet of things, Blockchain for Cybersecurity and Privacy: Architectures, Challenges, and Applications, (2020), CRC Press.
2. Alireza Souri, Software Engineering: Modeling and verification of systems, Compilation, Published in Aftab Giti publication, (2017).
3. Alireza Souri and Monire Norouzi, C# programming in WPF (Windows Presentation Foundation), Compilation, Published in Farsajou publication, (2014).
C: CONFERENCE Papers
1. Alireza Souri and Monire Norouzi. “A New Probable Decision Making Approach for Verification of Probabilistic Real-Time Systems“, 6th IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering and Service Science, (2015).
2. Alireza Souri, Mohammad ali Sharifloo, Monire Norouzi. Analyzing SMV & UPPAAL Model Checkers in Real-Time Systems. 2th World Conference on Information Technology. 2011
3. Alireza Souri, Mohammad ali Sharifloo, Monire Norouzi. Formalizing class diagram in UML. 2th IEEE International conference on software engineering and service science. pp: 524-527. 2011
Lecturer in Islamic Azad University (2012 - Up to now) in following courses:
1. Formal methods, Concepts and Principles
2. Automated Model Checking
3. Advanced software engineering
4. Software testing
5. Enterprise Architecture
6. Cloud computing, Concepts and Principles
7. Requirement engineering
8. Software architecture
9. Data mining
10. Human computer interaction
11. Internet of Things: Concepts and architecture
12. Advanced programming language C#
13. Advanced database systems